Few lifestyle choices make as much difference in your health, as the level of your physical activity. Staying physically active through regular exercise is one of the most important measures to stay healthy at all ages.
Here are the benefits of staying physically active.
- Improved Brain Health:
- Immediate Feel-good sensations
Better thinking, learning and judgment skills
- Reduction in depression and anxiety
- Better sleep.
2. Weight Management:
- To maintain healthy weight.
- To lose unhealthy weight.
3. Cutting down risk of chronic diseases like:
- Cardiovascular disease
- High cholesterol levels
- Diabetes Type 2
- Metabolic Syndrome (some combination of too much fat around the waist, high blood pressure, low High Density Lipoproteins (HDL) cholesterol, high triglycerides, or high blood sugar)
- Different types of Cancers (of bladder, breast, colon, stomach, esophagus, lungs, kidneys)
4. Strengthening bones and muscles
- Slows down age-related loss of bone density
- Reduces risk of falls and fractures
- Building strong healthy muscles
- Helping in joint disorders such as Rheumatoid and other type of arthritis
5. Improving ability to do day-to-day activities in elderly people
6. Improving life expectancy and cutting down mortality
7. Improving Overall Quality of Life
So, the message is clear.